Beliefs: Every child is capable of kindness and high achievement.
Vision: Every child uses their full potential to make the world a welcoming place for everyone.
Mission: The School Counseling Program inspires children to recognize and to use their skills and abilities to make a positive impact on their world.
Henderson Elementary School's Counselors:
- Help students resolve social/emotional problems.
- Support the development of life-skills such as problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Provide opportunities for students to work cooperatively together.
- Coordinate with school staff and community resources to assist students.
- Offer crisis prevention and intervention.
These services are provided through small groups, individual brief counseling, and classroom counseling lessons.